The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Founded in 1933, the Academy is the preeminent provider of musculoskeletal education to orthopaedic surgeons and others in the world.Its continuing medical education activities include a world-renowned Annual Meeting, multiple continuing medical education (CME) courses held around the country and at the Orthopaedic Learning Center (OLC), and various medical and scientific publications and electronic media materials.
The American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Founded by the Academy Board of Directors in 1997, the Association engages in health policy and advocacy activities on behalf of musculoskeletal patients and the profession of orthopaedic surgery.
Serving our profession to provide the highest quality musculoskeletal care.
The trusted leaders in advancing musculoskeletal health.
The Social Media Content Strategist is an analytical thinker who thrives in fast-paced situations, can seamlessly liaise with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally and who has astrongunderstanding of social media best practices, reporting and analytics. This role is responsible for developing and growing our digital media presence across new and existing social media platforms through a clear and engaging content strategy. This role will work cross-functionally with key AAOS stakeholders in marketing, membership, and communications – to strategically bring brand content pillars to life across the social landscape while infusing innovation, metrics and thought leadership into work streams.
Quite simply, this role will translate high-level marketing goals and objectives into impactful organic social media campaigns! Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Organic Social Media Strategy and Management
- Leads strategic development and implementation of the organization’s organic social media strategy, under the direction of the Communications Director, to represent and promote the AAOS strategic plan and organizational brand voice.
- Establishes measures of success and growth for the organization’s social media strategy.
- Develops tactical initiatives to meet objectives for engagement, program promotion and brand management among key stakeholders and physician member audiences.
- Makes recommendations for and provides day-to-day management of social media vendors and tools.
- Regularly updates strategy to evolve current processes, platforms, and models to operate efficiently based on social media best practices that meet business and communication objectives.
- Primary subject matter expert that leads and counsels the marketing, membership, and communications department on social media efforts and its integration with other marketing and communication tactics.
- Owns and develops content framework, and social calendar while working closely and cross functionally with staff across other communication vehicles and channels on content development and implementation.
- Develop engaging and creative campaigns for community outreach and diversity and inclusion content, including video, graphics, and other media to foster social engagement.
- Serves as a consultant to AAOS colleagues, staff, and volunteer members with training on social media best practices, platform, and algorithm changes.
- Implements all social media campaigns to align with communication and marketing strategies.
- Schedules all content to social media accounts. Proofs all content submitted by marketing, membership, and communications team prior to being scheduled for brand consistency and follows social media best practices.
- Works with department coordinator to facilitate online conversations with users; responds to comments and customer inquiries in a timely manner. Develops policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Identify threats and opportunities with user-generated social content and escalate recommendations to staff teams/management as appropriate.
Data and Analytics
- Develops social listening processes and identifies opportunities for engagement.
- Creates reports and evaluates the AAOS social media presence, campaigns, and initiatives. Analyzes user engagement, follower growth, web traffic and makes recommendations to optimize profiles.
Social Media Ambassador Program
- Leads social media ambassador program with high-profile members to drive an increase in member social engagement, building awareness, new conversations, and engagement with AAOS programs and initiatives.
- Serves as primary staff liaison to the member social media ambassadors to identify opportunities and threats to organic social media, brainstorm creative campaigns, conversation-starters, and solicit feedback on social media from the member perspective.
- Schedules and coordinates quarterly group meetings including agenda development, materials and facilitates calls in close partnership with the program chair.