Gathering Place Brewing Co. (GPBC) is an independent production brewery and tap room with locations in Milwaukee’s Riverwest neighborhood and Wauwatosa. We craft European-inspired beer perfect for gathering with family and friends. Since opening in August 2017 we have developed a strong following and have been nominated for Best Craft Brewery and Best Taproom in Milwaukee by local publications.
The brewery features a 7 bbl brewhouse with five 14 bbl fermenters and one 14 bbl brite tank. Our beer is served in our 125-person tasting room and 100+ local bars and restaurants. Additionally, we have a canning line and distribute packaged beer to 100+ liquor and grocery stores in Southeast Wisconsin, including Sendik’s, Woodman’s, Festival Foods, and all Outpost locations. We opened a second taproom in East Wauwatosa in October 2022 that seats 60 inside with an additional 80 on the patio.
We strive to make GPBC a cornerstone of the community and want people to see our brewery as a place to gather. GPBC donates at least 1% of sales to local non-profit organizations. We believe that the community should grow and prosper as GPBC grows and prospers.
About the Position:
The Social Media Coordinator will manage the company’s social media presence to grow reach and followers/subscribers with the goals of increasing awareness of the business and taproom visitors.
The Social Media Coordinator will develop a weekly content calendar for review each Monday and will, with input from the Founder, execute the planned social media content for the week. Additionally, this person will develop and execute promotional strategies for upcoming events, including allocating an advertising budget to reach desired goals.
The position is a part-time role and reports to the Founder. This role has flexible hours but there is an expectation that at least half of the hours will be on-site. The successful candidate will excel working autonomously and in conjunction with others. The person in this role will have significant input in shaping how the position evolves over time with additional hours and responsibilities.
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or relevant experience
- 2 years of experience in a relevant social media management role
- Strong understanding of social media marketing, including the effective use of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to reach customers, spread a message, and generate online sales
- Graphic design and content creation experience
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and nonverbal communications
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work efficiently and precisely in a fast-paced setting
- Experience working for or with beverage and hospitality companies is a plus
- Ability to analyze a variety of data and report findings on trends and patterns
- A knowledge of and passion for craft beer and a desire to share this with others
- Able to occasionally work nights and weekends
- A valid driver’s license
The ideal candidate will be passionate about craft beer, passionate about the community, and seek ways to connect the two. Our staff wears multiple hats to ensure tasks are completed and the business is successful. We seek an individual who will be a team player and have a similar willingness to pitch in to get the job done. This position is a great way to break into the craft brewing industry and may lead to other and additional responsibilities over time.
Gathering Place Brewing values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity employment. We encourage members of the BIPOC community and those from underrepresented groups to apply.