Broad Description of Duties:
The Social Media and (Internet Promotions) Manager will lead the Marcus Theatres specific social media communications and marketing efforts. This includes setting strategy, managing the applications, overseeing and implementing the organization’s social media activities for Marcus Theatres. The leader in this role will establish relationships with studio exhibitor relations creating calendarized plans to augment studio releases with special promotions including sweepstakes, special events and in-theatre marketing.
This position report to the Director of Marketing & Studio Relations.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Builds and executes social media strategy for corporate Marcus Theatres and F&B properties (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification;
- Develops weekly content calendars;
- Generates, edits, publishes and shares daily content (original text, images or video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action including content based on weekly movies, promotions, events and other topics related to Marcus Theatres;
- Supports Marcus Theatres’ construction and amenity expansions through planning, field training and communication support of comprehensive marketing launch and maintenance plans;
- Manages email and social media ad campaigns through third-party email platforms and ad server tools; Evaluates emerging technologies and provides leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate;
- Continuously improves by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information. Tracks month-to-month analytic changes in social media statistics, find causes for rises/plummets and change strategy accordingly;
- Collaborates with other departments to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions; Monitors brand mentions and answers inquiries while providing superior customer service;
- Oversees online contests from conception to developing Apps or other methods for entries;
- Maintains and administrators on all social media sites and trains new administrators including policy forms and tools;
- Ensures compliance and consistency with daily posting and social media policies;
- Motivates Theatres and F&B managers by creating incentives and contests;
- Serves as a team leader for key studio and alternative content partners: Builds relationships with studio partners to support in-theatre promotions, events, sweepstakes and more;
- Encourages innovative strategic ideas that create unique opportunities for Marcus Theatres guests;
- Ensures all relevant field and company representatives are properly informed;
- Serves as the lead for select promotional film/event campaigns from inception to launch, managing all aspects of strategy development, content creation and vehicle implementation;
- Responsible for preparing monthly reports, summaries and analytics to show how efforts translate to success for Marcus Theatres;
- All other duties as assigned by the Chief Marketing Officer as needed
*The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.