The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading workforce solutions provider and the parent organization of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil (IBMEC, Damásio and Wyden institutions), American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists, Becker Professional Education, Chamberlain University, EduPristine, OnCourse Learning, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine.
We’re looking for a Social Media Specialist to manage and grow engaged, vibrant social media communities that attract and encourage conversation about our healthcare vertical at Adtalem Global Education. The ideal candidate has strong writing skills and experience managing social media in a professional capacity.
The position will oversee day-to-day community engagement on our social media channels, as well as other sites on the web where conversations are happening relative to our brands and topics of interest. This position will be focused on growing brand affinity through relationship-building, a high level of customer service and the sharing of valuable resources with our online communities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in marketing.
- Experience managing a company’s social media channels, and working with Hootsuite preferred.
- Availability to monitor social media channels daily, including evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- MS Office proficient. (Including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
The qualities that will make you successful in this role include:
- A self-starter with the willingness, and desire, to "roll up your sleeves" and get the job done
- Experience using social media monitoring tools, such as Hootsuite
- Strong interpersonal skills with a desire to work cross-functionally and in teams
- Preference for working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Commitment to providing a high level of customer service
- Experience analyzing and summarizing data to identify trends and make recommendations
- Overwhelming passion for social media and connecting with people digitally