What’s our story? We’re glad you asked.
We started out in 1995 wanting to build something different. Something better. A company focused on brand experiences, not just answering calls. And that’s exactly what we did.
More than two decades later, we’re still at it. Making sure to always learn, grow and evolve.
From locations across North America and into Asia and Central America, we build customer loyalty and solve complex challenges for the world’s biggest brands.
The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for ensuring overall company compliance is met for all social media activities across all programs. This includes monitoring social media activities for appropriateness, as well as potential adverse events and product quality complaints. This position requires a critical thinker who can multi-task through multiple applications while understanding brand strategies and helping the team to achieve brand objectives. It requires individuals to have a creative side as well as confidence in writing in an open consumer forum. This may include, but is not limited to, monitoring and moderation of blog content, video streams, and picture postings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor social media activities and have the ability to identify adverse events, product quality complaints, and inappropriate content per defined procedures and guidelines.
- Fuel discussions around product-related news, tips, and insights as well as provide client with consumer insights that could assist in innovation, improvement, or product development.
- Multi-task in various websites, each with its own objective.
- Discern, analyze, and evaluate written and visual mediums to form a solid judgment.
- Use guidelines established by the client to moderate and reply to consumer comments in a less formal environment (vs. email).
- Identifies and documents serious contacts as defined in SOPs. Escalates to management as appropriate.
- Follows applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions (WI).
- Handles sensitive and private information in accordance with SOPs and regulatory requirements.
- Completes daily tasks within pre-established timelines by appropriately prioritizing multiple tasks within or across projects or cross functional teams with minimal direction from management.
- Meets all identified team and client performance metrics, goals and deadlines in a fast paced, ever changing, high performing team based environment. Provides back up support to other teams as needed.
- Takes the initiative to obtain and consistently upgrade product knowledge.
- Builds relationships and works closely with client, Alta co-workers, and all levels of the organization in a positive manner to supply necessary updates and reporting as needed.
- Recommends improvements to management in service, product, procedures, and/or packaging to support operational excellence or to prevent future issues of a similar nature.
- Report any training needs or system error/discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Complete other tasks as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
- Regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability are conditions of employment and essential function of this position.
Although this position will not have responsibility for direct reports, the position requires active leadership in the way of supporting strategic initiatives as well as active personal development and application of the Six Sigma methodologies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Displays a high level of confidence, enthusiasm and a positive attitude with the desire to succeed and exceed customer expectations. Has a passion to serve others.
- Demonstrated written communicator. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to establish rapport, builds relationships and loyalty withexternal and internal customers and coworkers, and remains tactful when communicating negative information.
- Demonstrate an ability to display patience, empathy, and strong listening skills while ensuring customer needs are fulfilled in a timely and satisfactory fashion.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain composure while diffusing and professionally negotiating a high-tension situation on a routine basis. Strong retention skills with the ability to follow a process flow and/or script as needed.
- Highly self motivated with the ability to prioritize complex, diversified responsibilities, multi task effectively and execute tasks with minimum supervision. Strong organization and time management skills. Ability to remain focused and productive with tasks that may be repetitive. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid logical decision making and troubleshooting skills with the ability to problem solve in a timely and effective manner. Exercises good judgment. Takes ownership of issues or questions and will escalate problems to the appropriate person and follow up accordingly to the customer. Knows when to involve supervisors.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality by handling sensitive and private client and customer information in accordance to Alta Resources and Client's policies and regulatory requirements. Understands and appreciates the risks and consequences of inappropriate communication in a virtual environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED, HSED) is required; Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred. Two years of customer service, public relations, or professional writing experience required. Industry experience or other service related industry within a corporate environment is desired.
- Working knowledge of computer technology that includes: Intermediate MS Word, Social Media software and sites is required.