Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of major social media platforms, strategies and analytics. This includes knowledge of current individual platform algorithms in order to leverage them for building and implementing social media plans and strategy.
- Experience with both paid and organic social media campaigns from conception through platform execution. Possess a “nose for news” – mature news judgment in seeking out stories and engagement opportunities to leverage for social outreach, engagement and marketing.
- High quality writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Web copywriting experience.
- Familiarity with desktop publishing, image-editing and web-editing software is a plus, and willingness to become competent is required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to work to deadline. This requires an individual who is well organized, detail-oriented, flexible and self-directed, with good stress management skills.
- Ability to continuously demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge of and ability to articulate College organization, operation, philosophy and vision for the future.
The individual in this position is a member of the Office of Marketing and Communications (OMC) and part of the overall team that externally markets North Central College. This position requires a substantial understanding of the strategic use of social media platforms for brand and reputation management, particularly in alignment with public relations, marketing, editorial and digital strategy objectives. High quality writing and analytical skills and experience are essential to this position. Since the position involves extensive interaction with students, faculty, staff, campus visitors and others, outstanding interpersonal skills are also important; as is the ability to work as part of a team, manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality on sensitive institutional information.
- A bachelor’s degree is in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field is required.
- A minimum of (1) one to (3) three years’ experience, preferably in the field of communications, public relations, journalism or marketing required.
- Agency and/or prior experience in higher education preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Social and/or digital analytics certification such as Google Analytics, Facebook Blueprint, etc., is strongly preferred.