Green Thumb Industries Inc. (“Green Thumb”), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, promotes well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which it serves. Green Thumb manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Beboe, Dogwalkers, Doctor Solomon’s, Good Green, incredibles and RYTHM. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called RISE. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Green Thumb has 17 manufacturing facilities, 77 open retail locations and operations across 15 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, Green Thumb employs approximately 4,000 people and serves millions of patients and customers each year. The company was named to Crain’s Chicago Business, Fast 50 list in 2021 and 2022 and a Best Workplace by MG Retailer magazine in 2018, 2019 and 2021. More information is available at www.GTIgrows.com.
As the Social Media Strategy Manager, you will lead national social media for GTI Retail Brands. You are responsible for the complete stewardship of Social Media as an integral piece of the larger Communication Channel Strategy and Consumer Journey (aka path-to-purchase). Your purview includes social channel strategy (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, other), content strategy, supervision of content development/production, campaign execution, and tracking/reporting KPIs.The overall goal of this position is to simultaneously build brand through content engagement and effectively move consumers through the sales funnel (acquisition and retention of followers). A crucial part of this role is to collaborate and coordinate with team members assigned to SEO, digital strategy, community management and reputation management.The Social Media Strategy Manager will report to the Retail Marketing Brand Director. The Social Media Strategy Manager will also play a role guiding social media content supplied by from the corporate organization, store managers, and other hyper-local initiatives.
Social Media Subject Matter Expert
- Represent the role of social channels in relationship to consumer behavior and retail brand goals; develop social marketing strategies that are native to individual channels and demonstrate tangible ROI
- Develop tactics, plans, partnerships, tools and creative partners that help achieve the business goals
- Seek out strategic partnership opportunities with content publishers
- Be at the cutting edge of the cultural zeitgeist; understanding internet, social and meme culture and how to credibly and sensitively work within it while maintaining brand safety/compliance
- Grow and manage social engagement ensuring milestones are set and met
- Establish and maintain collaborative/cooperative relationship with GTI Social Media Team to create a culture of best practices, sharing, and continuity
Content Strategy, Development and Management
- Develop and maintain a complete Social Media Content Strategy and Calendar that works in sync with the larger Promotional Calendar of the brands, cultural calendars (key cannabis holidays), and GTI product news/introductions
- Execute social media publishing strategies ensuring that all posts are accurate, punctual, safe; implement brand filters that ensure we are “on-brand”
- Demonstrate how brands participate in social media in an authentic way
- Maintain relationships with external and internal agencies/design teams to brief and manage original content creation; manage creative partner relationships.
- Explore the creative boundaries of the medium using technology tools and external resources
Reporting, Analytics, Insights
- Collect, analyze and use social data to affect change
- Identify opportunities and vulnerabilities for the brands using listening and sentiment analysis
- Report on campaigns and augment our approach based on analysis to ensure the most effective approach
- Maintain competitive intelligence
- Set retail brand performance baselines and goals