Founded in 1987, First Stage is one of the nation’s most acclaimed children’s theaters and the second largest theater company in Milwaukee.
First Stage touches hearts, engages minds, and transforms lives by creating extraordinary theater experiences for young people and families through:
- Professional theater productions that inspire, enlighten, and entertain;
- Unparalleled Theater Academy training that fosters life skills through stage skills; and
- Dynamic Theater in Education programs that promote active learning in our schools and community.
First Stage strives to be the national leader and driving force behind the creation of the best and most innovative plays for family audiences, theater training programs for young people, and education initiatives for our schools and our community. These three interwoven programming pillars are accessible to, and reflective of, our increasingly diverse community. Through our exceptional leadership, dedicated team, and commitment to financial sustainability, First Stage will broaden the reach and deepen the impact of our transformational programs, thus enabling dreams to be fulfilled, hope to be fostered, and families to enjoy the lasting legacy of a profound shared experience.
The most successful candidate will have some experience managing a large event, and if not as a fundraiser, will have experience in a leadership position that requires high attention to detail, budgeting and negotiating, creating and maintaining a timeline, meeting deadlines and exceeding goals.
This individual will use creativity and effective communication and collaboration skills to lead committees and staff; be self-motivated with a desire for continuing education; have a passion for theater arts and arts education; and demonstrate a commitment to being a positive force in the organization.
- Experience in fundraising event leadership or similar management position;
- Must be accurate and precise with a high attention to detail;
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines;
- General understanding of fundraising process;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Experience working in databases;
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff, students and volunteers;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills - ability and willingness to collaborate with community members, businesses, and staff members;
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing—as it relates to delegating tasks and collaborating with others;
- Open to working occasional evenings and weekends, as needed;
- Driver’s License or Access to public or reliable transportation;
- Most of this job requires sedentary work, but you will be required to lift up to 25 up to chest occasionally and may need to kneel, squat or twist occasionally;
- Ability to pass a background check in accordance with state and/or Federal laws.
First Stage offers a mission you can stand behind, excellent benefits and a positive work environment. First Stage provides a competitive benefit package that includes but is not limited to the following: year-round health/dental/vision coverage, generous healthcare reimbursement arrangement, life insurance, short term and long term disability as well as a 403(b) plan. Salary is commensurate with experience, ranging from $30,000-$35,000.