As a team member of the Office of Communications, this role is responsible for media relations and external reputation building including developing proactive relationships and trusted partnerships with a diverse community. This person will help build local, regional and national reputation for the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) by finding and vetting compelling stories with potential media interest. The individual will inform the planning and strategy of issues and reputation management and provide counsel to MCW leaders and faculty on voice, messaging, audience relevance and positioning on stories supporting the institution’s strategic framework.
Under the supervision of the External Relations and Engagement Manager, this individual is a key member of various integrated teams across the institution and responsible for proactive and reactive media relations and external reputation building to support MCW.
- Location: Milwaukee, Wis.
- Department: Communications and Brand Strategy
- Division: External Relations
- Reports To (Title): External relations and engagement manager
- Direct Reports (Title): External relations intern
- Collaborates with (Title): Communications Department and other departments, faculty, staff, students, clinical partners and executive leadership
- Workweek: Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate interviews, events and other business needs. Minimal travel is required. Work from home option and flexible.