The Senior Manager, Media Relations & Communications, will be responsible for consistently amplifying the AHIMA brand messages with key media outlets and writing compelling stories/narratives to position the organization to be perceived by the public as the dominant thought leader in the market category.
They will oversee the day to day contact with the news media (domestic and international), support the execution of the content strategy, writing, and delivery of compelling content for existing and new member and non-member audiences; provide podcast, newsletter and online community support and craft “single source of truth,” and key messaging houses to guide the enterprise on how we are positioning, messaging and branding major company initiatives including but not limited to events, product launches and member engagement campaigns (B2C and B2B).
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Deep and wide healthcare expertise and an understanding of how health information impacts payers, providers, patients.
- A strategic approach, namely the ability to drive our advocacy agenda as part of our content strategy, writing compelling human narratives to raise awareness for our policy statements.
- Long-standing relationships with healthcare media outlets and healthcare influencers nationally and internationally.
- A metrics mindset, able to quantify earned media results and be acutely aware of competitors and their activities.
- Depth in writing, able to craft substantive, credible downloadable resources based on research and facts that also tell stories that elicit an emotive response across a variety of modalities – media releases, white papers, op-ed pieces, ghost writing blogs for executive leaders.
- Oversight of educational and engaging public relations vehicles such as newsletters, podcasts, digital publications, online communities.
- Knowledge in search engine optimization (SEO), writing keyword-rich content to optimize search results, coordinating with social media for consistency.
- Innovative, creative ways to gain the respect of media sources and increase the likelihood of news media coverage.
- Rebrand experience, positioning and messaging an organization to pivot and reach new audiences, a desire to educate the enterprise on the power of public relations.
If this sounds like the next step in your career, we’d like to invite you to continue to read below and apply!
Note: At least three writing samples are required including but not limited to a media release, white paper, op-ed piece, published article, mar/com newsletter, ghost written blog/column