DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Negotiate contracts for Annual Leadership Conference and Advocacy Conference , including cancellation and attrition terms, force majeure, indemnification, insurance, concessions, rates, and other terms.
2. Manage logistics and planning operations for the Annual Leadership Conference and Advocacy Conference , including registration, transportation, offsite events, onsite execution, events, key leadership committees, and other AAP groups.
3. Provide innovative recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team on leadership meetings to enhance attendee experience.
4. Prepare budget information on the Annual Leadership Conference to inform Chapter and District Relations staff. Reconcile invoices and assist with forecasts and budget projections.
5. Collaborate with appropriate staff to produce and execute the Annual Leadership Conference Advocacy Conference, and related activities.
6. Supervise assigned staff. Encourage a work environment that promotes inclusion and belonging of all staff. Support ongoing staff development, help set objectives, and evaluate performance, and promote and enhance staff capacity in skills necessary to achieve goals. Ensure staff operate in a fiscally prudent manner, maintain confidentiality, operate with the highest ethical standards, and provide excellent service to members and volunteers.
7. Manage the request for proposal process, handle logistics, negotiate contracts, and manage associated risks for all assigned meetings, including Continuing Medical Education courses, grant meetings, and other AAP events.
8. Assist supervisor with contracting ancillary hotels for the National Conference & Exhibition (National Conference).
9. Serve as primary on site AAP representative for assigned AAP meetings.
10. Develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and other meeting planning professionals (eg, industry events, professional development opportunities, etc.).
11. Assist with National Conference activities as assigned.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned.