Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Strategic Communication: Developing and implementing strategic communication plans and tactics that achieve client goals while meeting client budgets. This may include, but is not limited to: research, messaging development, content creation, media relations, social/online/digital media, presentations, website(s) content, event and meeting planning, stakeholder outreach, etc.
2. Media Relations: Working with, and developing relationships with, key media contacts on behalf of the client; generating relevant and impactful coverage. Media list development.
3. Teamwork: Contributing to strategy sessions by developing ideas and plans for clients as well as providing input on client proposals developed by leadership.
4. Relationship and Project Management: Act as a lead on client accounts, working with other L&F team members as you carry out communications plans and tactics. Responsible for the day-to-day execution and management of quality client work, ensuring it is completed in a timely, professional, efficient and effective manner. Responsible for accuracy and accountability for all client records, task and timelines, receipts and timesheets for billing. Maintaining an average of 70% billable hours over the course of a month.
5. Client Development: Being aware of and encouraging opportunities for the development of additional work with existing clients and/or being aware of new work opportunities which can be pursued by leadership.
6. Internal Process Improvement Efforts: You’ll be asked to contribute your thoughts, skills and expertise to on-going process improvement efforts and other internal initiatives within the company.
7. Time management: Planning, scheduling and prioritizing work responsibilities while meeting deadlines in the daily work environment; demonstrating a commitment to getting the job done and producing results for clients.
8. Crisis communication: This may include the development of crisis communication plans as well as assessments, messaging, communication and earned/social media relations for a client experiencing a crisis.
9. Continuous learning: Study and learn about industry and technology developments through reading, seminar attendance, etc. L&F values continuous learning and often provides lunch and learn and other opportunities to enhance their PR sills. Continuous learning also includes staying up to date on general news and information as well as industry news relating to clients.
10. Flexibility: Able to work nights, weekends and occasional holidays when the client needs are outside of normal working hours or when the job requires extra time or effort. This is not a usual occurrence, but it does sometimes happen.
11. Professionalism: Follow and adhere to company standards, code of conduct and other related items as outlined in the Leonard & Finco Public Relations, Inc. employee handbook.