At Johnson Controls, we transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, we drive the outcomes that matter most. Dedicated to protecting the environment, we deliver our promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers and manufacturing. With a global team of 105,000 experts in more than 150 countries and over 130 years of innovation, we are the power behind our customers’ mission.
Our leading portfolio of building technology and solutions includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, York®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, Penn®, Sabroe®, Simplex®, Ansul® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com
What you will do:
Reporting to the Communications Director, you will be responsible for creating and leading effective communications for employees in the Above Market & Field Operations businesses within Building Solutions, North America (BSNA). This role is imperative to driving understanding of and engagement into the business strategy for growth across BSNA, supporting change management through communications and increasing our organizational health and culture scores.
In this role, you will be instrumental in the planning, creation and execution of communications across the businesses. Your broad knowledge of effective communication messaging and channel strategy (online and offline), measurement and advanced knowledge of specific technical/operational practices applied to a variety of projects will make you a successful candidate in this role. Working with the wider communications team, you will strive to continually evaluate and improve our resources and communication vehicles for all employees, regardless of role and location, while bringing new and innovative ideas to the table.
How you will do it:
- Support business and functional leaders in creating communications that drive employee engagement and business / strategy understanding.
- Act as communications partner to the Above Market & Field Operations teams, providing guidance, support and communications best practices.
- Partner with key contacts to deliver impactful change communications and approaches that drive adoption of new products, tools, process and mindsets.
- Leverage communications to drive organizational health and support action plans as an outcome of employee survey results.
- Create engaging, creative, interactive and targeted communications that align with our business goals.
- Collaborate with marketing communications, public relations and digital teams to leverage existing content.
- Oversee processes and protocol to ensure accurate dissemination of information.
- Create interactive communications across multiple platforms.
- Create a disciplined approach to communications – driving consistency in communications processes, including measuring effectiveness and driving strategic adjustments based on results.
- Manage various communications programs from concept to completion as assigned by the Communications Director.