At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking to add a talented Strategic Communications Coordinator to the growing Minnesota team to develop, execute, and manage communication and outreach activities on a variety of transportation, water, and power projects. Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with HDR clients to strategize and support stakeholder and public outreach and engagement strategy for projects.
- Help clients identify and manage public relations.
- Write copy for communication pieces including talking points, media releases, social media, project materials, and video scripts.
- Coordinate formal and informal public meetings, hearings, open houses, workshops, advisory committees, or other stakeholder meetings.
- Coordinate the development of project-specific outreach tools including messaging content, databases, and schedules.
- Coordinate in the production and distribution of outreach materials such as newsletters, websites, handouts, presentations, advertisements, door hangers, press releases, and mailings.
- Organize and assist with meeting logistics and vendor management.
- Collaborate with visual communications team including web, graphics, and video.
- Coordinate social media strategies, including targeted ad campaigns.
- Lead the identification of stakeholders and manage the development of distribution list for inclusion in project database.
- Manage external service providers including sub-consultants, court reporters, videographers, acoustical consultants, etc.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.