University Communications, the central news and content hub for the UW-Madison campus, is seeking a talented and versatile marketing and communications professional.
This position will develop, coordinate and execute communication and marketing efforts in support of UW-Madison's Government Relations and Strategic Partnerships unit. This includes message and content development, speechwriting, project management, digital marketing, story pitching, event planning and news writing on key administrative priorities, including the university's budget, finances, statewide outreach, community relations, engagement with business and more.
- Develop communications that highlight the university's impact on the state of Wisconsin and advance the goals of UW's Government Relations and Strategic Partnerships unit, including community, business, state, federal and tribal relations.
- Create and execute marketing and communications initiatives that strengthen the relationship between UW and business, government, community and tribal leaders.
- Create talking points, presentations, speeches and op-eds for campus leadership for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Identify, pitch and project manage the development of stories and related communications that support key institutional and unit priorities, as well as building and executing content marketing strategies in support of those projects.
- Identify, develop, write and edit content, announcements, news releases and stories related to UW's state, local, federal and business engagement efforts.
- Provide UW leadership communications and logistical support during outreach trips or campus events.
- Manage and produce internal and external events.
- Establish strong and proactive working relationships with members of the local and state news media.