We are a private mortgage insurer with $220.7 billion primary insurance in force covering approximately one million mortgages (as of November 2019). MGIC provides a critical component of our country’s residential mortgage finance system, protecting mortgage investors from credit losses. Mortgage insurance from MGIC also benefits consumers by making affordable low-down-payment mortgages a reality. Bottom line…We put people into homes sooner! #WeAreMGIC
Our headquarters are located in downtown Milwaukee, a place that offers something for everyone with its big-city attractions and small-town atmosphere. MGIC is an nine-time recipient of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Work Places award. This is an award based on the opinion of our company's greatest asset, our talented and dedicated workforce! We are committed to being an active and positive member of the local Milwaukee community. Along with our co-workers, we support many local initiatives including:
- United Way
- United Performing Arts Fund
- Habitat for Humanity
- Junior Achievement
- Public Television Channel 10/36 Auction
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and substance abuse testing.
Do you have what it takes?
Education: Completion of an Associate’s Degree. Additional experience (2 years) beyond the minimum (below) may be substituted for education beyond high school.
Experience: More than 3 years recent and related experience performing complex work in area of specialization. Writing of corporate policies and procedures is preferred. Residential mortgage experience is a plus.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated excellent written communication skills
- Knowledge of grammatical structure and content
- Highly proficient in time management, planning and prioritization
- Demonstrated experience with process flow and process mapping
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Project Management background
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Work in Visio and Microsoft Project a plus
- Experience with structured authoring tools a plus