Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Lead asset-level user experience initiatives, including the development of wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, and other project deliverables to illustrate the intended user experience for functional, marketing, and informational websites, mobile sites, applications, and emails.
- Collaborates with the project team and stakeholders across multiple business lines to understand user needs and objectives, business goals, requirements, and constraints.
- Produces UX documentation and specifications that meet user needs and business needs, while adhering to technical and legal/regulatory constraints.
- Assesses the need for user research (personas, journey maps, task analysis, usability testing, etc.) on a particular project and determines the work to be completed.
- Creates high-quality deliverables that are consistent with best practices and established patterns and guidelines. Deliverables may include navigational structures, process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and interaction specifications.
- Develops low- or high-fidelity fidelity wireframes and prototypes that align with the design style guide, brand standards, and usability best practices.
- Leads usability testing, including ongoing usability studies, to obtain direct user feedback and make recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Analyzes user feedback on the company’s digital properties to identify trends and recommend changes that will improve the user experience.
Serves as the user experience representative in the development of digital assets, balancing user needs and business needs along with project and budget constraints and technical or legal/regulatory requirements.
- Champions the user perspective in the systems development process, and brings a strong interaction design viewpoint.
- Applies user experience design principles to create innovative, user-centered designs to build and maintain consistent user experience, collaborating with other UX team members as needed.
- Incorporates user research and usability testing results to improve the user experience.
- Helps identifies pain points in the user experience and seeks out opportunities to resolve or improve them.
- Participates in the assessment of potential solutions and analyzes the pros and cons to the user experience.
- Understands project and systems constraints, and works with the project team to improve the solution within them.
- Ensures information architecture and interaction designs are compliant with WCAG 2.0 accessibility guidelines and best practices.
- Presents design ideas, including rationale based on customer research and best practices, to the product team and stakeholders.