As the Vice President and Chief Development Officer, you will create short- and long-term strategies that support Sojourner’s mission and grow our programs and services, impacting more than 11,800 survivors each year. Reporting to the CEO, you will bring your experience, new ideas and proven track record of successfully closing five-figure gifts and leading a successful team of development and communications professionals.
In addition to leading Sojourner’s fundraising programs (major gifts, annual, corporate, foundation giving, communications and events), you will serve on the executive team and contribute to the overall strategic direction of the organization.
How will your days be spent?
- Setting clear development priorities and goals and fostering a team-focused, results-driven fundraising culture
- Guiding and advising the CEO on principal gifts strategy and portfolio management
- Managing and leading Sojourner’s team of passionate and dedicated development professionals
- Ensuring Sojourner maintains strict compliance with all development policies and procedures
- Using moves management to manage a personal portfolio of major donors, to include cultivating and closing five-figure gifts and qualifying principal gift prospects for the CEO
- Ensuring a positive donor experience
- Engaging the Sojourner board of directors and Sojourner Foundation board as partners in fundraising, contributing to an organizational culture of philanthropy
- Partnering with the board finance committee to align fundraising priorities with budget targets
- Contributing to strategy development and decision making as a member of the Sojourner executive team in order to lead a sustainable, growing organization