The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a creative Videographer to join their team inclusive of video production and editing.
Smart, inspired, and strategic, this visual storyteller will be working on multiple brands across a wide-range of programs all with a singular mission — advancing UW–Madison as one of the world’s greatest universities.
This creative visual storyteller will combine conceptual thinking and technical expertise to create videos with impact. This qualified individual willcreate videos for university-related marketing campaigns and social accounts,while collaborating with teams across WFAA to concept, develop, and execute moments that matter, including leading pre-production, production and post-production for video and photo shoots.
We are looking for:
- Inspired aesthetic and robust samples (reel/portfolio) of smart conceptually-led work Ability to concept and collaborate
- Commanding presentation skills to show your work and sell it
- Hunger for what’s next and new
- Great attitude—How we get the work done is as important as the work we do; positivity and can-do attitude required
Video Capture and Production
- Manage video projects from start through completion including: story development, research, location scouting, staging, recording and post-production editing.
- Develop original story/program concepts for video content; determine angle of story to ensure originality and creativity of final product.
- Work with Marketing and other colleagues to develop timely and relevant content.
- Conduct research, including personal interviews, to obtain information necessary to plan story lines.
- Capture material for production using video equipment; determine technical and creative approach including elements as lighting, shooting angles, type and placement of microphones, audio needs, locations and use of movement.
- Exercise independent judgment in the editing and production of material. Ensure message cohesiveness and correct tone by assessing and adjusting visual context, narrative and background audio tracks.
- Obtain appropriate clearances for location shoots and related resources.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of department video and photographic equipment and train staff members on use when necessary.
- Oversee use, storage and inventory of department video and photographic equipment.
- Advise vendors and venues on audio/visual production logistics for events.
- Shoot photos for print and digital projects when no contract photographer is assigned.
- Manage online digital assets management system including importation, tagging, categorization and rating of new and existing photographic assets. Provide staff training as necessary.