1. Planning: Develops and executes a strategic program for comprehensive fund development that supports the planned growth of the organization. Participates in related networks; maintains effective relationship with national and local entities. Understands, analyzes, and applies external and internal factors to goal setting and budgeting. This includes identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gifts and grants from individuals, corporations and foundations, building a pipeline of sustainable financial support for the future.
2. Leadership: Provides leadership for the Development Department; serves as a member of the Executive Management Team. Prepares, manages, and executes Development’s annual plan and budget with an 18-to-24-month horizon. Tracks progress and adjusts the plan as needed. Oversee the execution of the corporate, foundation, individual, and planned giving strategies.
3. Continuous Improvement: Works proactively to anticipate issues and continuously improve fundraising practices in conjunction with overall organization efforts; assess and continuously improves department’s effectiveness to ensure business unit and organizational fundraising needs are met.
4. Culture of Philanthropy: Engages the Board of Directors, CEO, Chief Mission Officer, and other members of senior management as appropriate in fund development.
5. Committee Oversight: Staffs board committees as directed by the President and CEO, including but not limited to: Development and Mission Advancement committee and Nominating and Governance committee.
6. Financial: Meet/exceed annual budgeted goals. Increase contributed revenue. Increase number of donors and frequency of contributions. Increase contribution level of donors, focusing on major gifts. Improve revenue/expense ratio. Increase philanthropic awareness of Goodwill throughout the two-state region. Enhance donor experience.
7. Leading and Developing Talent: Directs organizational design, mentoring and coaching for department and oversees hiring, development and training of staff. Ensures ongoing succession planning and development within and outside of unit. Actively networks and sources for positions to support philanthropic success.
8. Leading and Developing Talent: Directs organizational design for multiple departments and oversees development and training of staff. Ensures ongoing succession planning and development within and outside of unit. Actively networks and sources for positions throughout the organization.
9. Project and Change Management: Establishes project priority and timing, articulates vision for organizational changes. Authorizes use of organizational time, talent and financial resources to support projects and improvement initiatives. Manages change through effective communication and coaching throughout the organization. Builds and participates in leadership coalition supporting and implementing the change and frequently serves as Project Sponsor for major initiatives.
10. Community Engagement: Demonstrated leadership presence in the community through serving on volunteer boards, steering committees or other community committees that align with our intended impact.
11. Board of Director meetings: provides updates on financials, operations and progress towards goals for area/s of responsibility.
12. Responsible for completing other duties/responsibilities as assigned.