People at Allina Health have a career of making a difference in the lives of the millions of patients we see each year at our 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals and through a wide variety of specialty care services in Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
We’re a not-for-profit organization committed to enriching your career by providing ongoing training, competitive compensation, support for work-life balance and ways to give back to the communities we serve. Join our team of 27,000+ employees – your career opportunities are limitless!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere for our employees, patients, and community. Allina Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Responsible for bringing the corporate brand to life through creative and inspirational copywriting. Collaborates with designers, strategists and internal partners to write and edit various pieces of content and messaging for multiple audiences and platforms. Collateral may include web, email, social, campaigns, advertising, personal stories, brochures, outreach materials, direct mail, posters, flyers, letters and more.
Conducts interviews with various individuals including patients, physicians and healthcare professionals to tell the organizations story. Manages the editorial process on individual projects and will serve as a subject matter expert on project teams and support and monitor the application of the brand voice and brand standards for all communications deliverables.
Creates content that can be cascaded to numerous deliverables and channels including print and digital channels, websites, blogs and social media. Examples include service line materials and advertising deliverables.
- Ability to understand and translate marketing and strategic briefs into engaging creative concepts that support business objectives and goals.
- Serves as consultant on project teams.
- Collaborates with designers and provides direction to Associate Copywriter to cascade concepts.
- Presents work to internal customers. Works within the CMS to update content.
- Subject matter expert on specific software.
Manages the editorial process on individual projects.
- Collaborates on development of timelines.
- Conducts daily work to ensure assignments are completed within deadline and budget constraints.
- Contributes to content strategy efforts.
- Conducts interviews with various audience members and archives interview notes and final stories.
- Serves as a brand voice subject matter expert on project teams.
Supports development of brand voice with regard to tone, message and readability.
- Monitors brand voice application on all materials to ensure consistency across all channels of communication.
- Provides best practice guidance and training to internal and external partners for effective copywriting and to raise the bar for the organizations brand voice.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism or similar required
- 2 to 5 years of proven work experience as a copywriter, content writer or similar required
See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission.
- I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this picture
- I capture important lessons and share them to foster innovation
- I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
- I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous improvement
Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success.
- I help my team connect to the broader mission I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
- I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible with change
- I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves.
- I role-model self-care and ongoing development
- I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and success
- I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- I candidly advocate for the resources I need
- I support my colleagues in their development and growth
Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation.
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
Succeed Together: Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together.
- I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
- I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my partners
- I respect others’ opinions, praise good work and encourage all team members to be involved
- I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial outcomes