Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Some experience in current web technology that may include HTML5, CSS3,XML/RSSfeeds, Google analytics; search engine marketing/website optimization; usability testing and tools;HTMLemail tools; content management systems (in particular, Drupal and/or WordPress); interpretation of web metrics to inform strategic decision making.
2. Excellent writing, interpersonal and communications skills, with a desired background in website management; in particular, the ability to apply professional-quality organizational skills in the production of a high-quality website.
3. Excellent project management skills, able to manage multiple priorities and work to deadline. This requires an individual who is well organized, detail-oriented, flexible and self-directed with good stress management skills.
4. Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills in dealing with persons internal and external to the College.
5. Manage effective relationships with vendors on behalf of the College.
6. Experience managing websites and content creation such as digital journalism and blogs a plus.
7. Knowledge of and ability to articulate College organization, operation, philosophy and vision for the future.
8. Demonstrate a strong sense of creativity and an ability to collaborate with diverse groups with diverse interests.
9. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment where collaboration, communication and commitment to the College’s mission are valued.
10. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work environment.
The individual in this position is a member of the Enrollment Management and Marketing division and part of the overall team that markets North Central College to a wide variety of constituencies. This position requires a strong understanding of how to use the web to the College’s marketing and communication advantage, ability to collaborate with the College’s web team to progress web marketing initiatives, and the technical and strategic ability to structure the website in a fashion that responds to constituencies and changing market demands as well as yields data to drive marketing and recruitment decision making.
The web content specialist will participate in the development of creative website marketing solutions, build and maintain website structure, and manage content implementation in alignment with enrollment marketing campaigns and objectives.
Bachelor’s degree is preferred but comparable work experience will be considered.
Entry level, experience in website management is preferred.