Ripon College is recognized nationally for its quality liberal arts and sciences undergraduate education. It is a member of the Associated Colleges of the Midwest and competes in Division III athletics as part of the Midwest Conference. The Collegeis uniquely focused on a personal approach to education, close student-faculty relationships, small classes, robust co-curriculars and a comprehensive liberal arts and sciences curriculum.
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes Ripon College as a “Great College to Work For.” In its most recent survey of employees of colleges and universities around the country, Ripon was applauded in four categories: Healthy Faculty-Administration Relations, Collaborative Governance, Work/Life Balance, and Connection to Institution and Pride.
Ripon College is committed to the principles of equal opportunity, to provide a diverse and inclusive culture to best support our students, athletes, faculty and staff, and adheres to non-discriminatory policies in employment and student enrollment. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are proud to offer comprehensive benefit packages to our faculty and staff.
The Office of Marketing and Communications at Ripon College has an outstanding opportunity for a Web Marketing and Development Manager to join a high-energy team. The position will report directly to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications and will be responsible for providing strategic direction and management for all external and internal college web properties and landing pages, including information architecture, SEO content development, web design, testing and analytics reporting.
This position works closely with marketing/public relations, video, social media, design and IT staff as well as with freelance designers and developers to ensure consistent standards and best practices. This post also provides training for designated student interns and other staff in basic web editing. This role must communicate successfully with stakeholders at all levels throughout the college.
Candidates are required to have knowledge of WordPress CMS editing and development environment, user-centered design, accessibility, SEO, analytics and marketing principles. Experience being a self-starter and successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously is a top priority.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all internal and external college web and touchscreen properties as well as the creation of new web properties to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Lead project planning and management for assigned projects, providing ongoing status updates and proactively solving problems as they arise.
- Manage competing interests and priorities of multiple stakeholders with diverse lines of operation, balancing urgent and long-term needs.
- Communicate complex and technical project concepts to general employee audiences and translate user requests into technical specifications.
- Experience managing other employees and/or student interns.
- Keep current on the latest technology and best practices of web marketing to provide new functionality such as mobile apps, AI and other enhancements.
- Develop and maintain WordPress plugins and themes. Work with freelance designer and developer to ensure sites conform to industry standards.
- Create relationships with faculty and staff across the college to ensure web tools are successful in constituent communication.
- Respond to content support requests from users and train designated content owners.
- Use Google Analytics, web logs, WordPress tools and user testing to measure, evaluate and optimize site structures, processes and content.
- Ensure SEO and accessibility best practices are maintained for all web properties, ensuring consistency and accuracy. Assist the Editorial team with other content creation efforts as needed and assigned.
- Collaborate with the IT team to ensure cross-functioning systems are supported.
- Interact with various departments to ensure required documentation and functionality are present on all web properties and proper policies are in place.
- Support the Office of Marketing and Communications by approaching work with a positive, self-starting attitude, high attention to detail, and analytical data-decision driven philosophy toward meeting departmental and college goals.
- Additional duties as assigned.