Magellan Promotions is a rapidly growing promotional product marketing company located just outside of Milwaukee in West Allis. Our newly renovated offices opened in April 2018.
Since 2005, we have helped organizations build community through promotional product marketing solutions. Examples of the products we provide include custom imprinted pens, t-shirts, lanyards, flash drives, awards and more. We specialize in working with collegiate clients, and have worked with over 250 colleges and universities over the past ten years.
Promotional products are a $21+ billion-dollar industry and our sales rank in the top 4% of all distributors. We are a member of PPAI (Promotional Product Association International), an industry association that promotes and supports the growth of the industry.
Our team prides ourselves on having a collaborative and fun, yet hard-working culture. We come to work everyday to provide outstanding customer service to our clients, but we don’t forget to have fun in the process.
Magellan Promotions is adding a Content Writer/Marketing Strategist to grow the company through strategic and thoughtful marketing. This position will be responsible for helping create, write and implement campaigns and overall strategies to effectively engage our target audiences and provide promotional product marketing solutions to their marketing challenges.
The promotional product industry is a relationship business, so combining personal engagement with content rich solution-based marketing is key to our success.
We are seeking either a full time professional, or a part-time professional with a 30 hour/week schedule.
The purpose of the Content Writer/Marketing Strategist position is help drive Magellan Promotions’ growth through gaining new clients and increasing sales to current customers. This will be achieved through a wide range of direct and indirect marketing activities. First and foremost, this position will be responsible for creating written content that is meant to influence and educate the reader while providing a path to take an action. Content creation will be conducted in a number of forms, including:
- E-News - Produce different e-newsletters monthly that are sent to target audiences.
- Blogs - Write blogs that cover new and trending products, case studies, company updates, industry news and other information that would be of interest to our audiences.
- Product Solutions - Create new and upkeep content for the Product Solutions page on the website to inform the audience of new and trending examples of how to use products.
- Website - Systematically review all pages on the website to ensure messaging and content is current with our brand and focus.
- Marketing Initiatives - For marketing campaigns, write all necessary content, including any printed collateral, follow emails and website landing page.
- Trade Shows/Events - Responsible for writing any content for any collateral and if a landing page is created.
- Social Media - Help create and monitor content for social media engagement.
- Bids - Magellan Promotions takes part in formal quotes multiple times a year. This position will be responsible for ensuring the written content is influential and puts the company is the best possible position to win the bid.
- Creative Solutions - Work with the Magellan Promotions team to identify creative and unique solutions that solve our clients challenges. Then put together and carry out a plan to effectively communicate the solution to the target audience.
The person in this position will also be tasked to be a marketing strategist. They will be responsible for creating content and selecting what to focus on and what the angle is and taking that information and effectively communicating it across all platforms. This is not a position where the marketing idea and strategy is already crafted and the content needs to be written. This position helps select what the strategy is and then find an effective way to communicate the information.
In addition to the above initiatives this position may get involved in:
- Research - Partner with a firm to do research on specific data that will help our clients learn about their target audiences thoughts/feelings on promotional products.
- Special Initiatives - Work with the team to help implement specific sales related initiatives, including referral marketing, client onboarding programs and client surveys.
This is a dynamic position where a creative professional who enjoys getting their hands dirty on a number of types of projects on a daily basis will thrive.
Magellan Promotions offers a competitive salary for this position based off of applicable experience.
Fun Benefits – We’re a pretty relaxed group at Magellan Promotions. We have a casual dress code, summer hours, paid volunteering time, and more.
Formal Benefits - Health care, paid maternity leave, retirement plan, generous paid time off and paid holidays.