The photographer is responsible for photographic service for all functions of the university, including scheduled and impromptu events. Individual and group subjects include alumni, staff, faculty, students, trustees, friends and community members. The photographer also is responsible for archiving photos and providing professional photos to a wide variety of constituents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives work orders and confers with clients to determine photographic needs.
- Organizes, manages and schedules photo shoots that accommodate the needs of all internal customers.
- Takes photos of students, staff, faculty, trustees, architecture, and events.
- Maintains a well-organized archive of new digital photos.
- Edits/retouches digital images to ensure high-quality photos.
- Provides photos to campus constituents, and local, regional and national media.
- Assists graphic designers in locating and choosing appropriate photos for a wide variety of print and electronic publications.
- Provides photos to the web manager for posting on the university’s website.
- Provides administrative tasks as required and other duties as assigned.