Your role in a nutshell:
The Production Artist works independently on assigned projects or as a support member on a project team. They work under the supervision of the design and/or project management team. They will support designers and creative directors primarily in producing, editing or finalizing print pieces, packaging, advertising, campaigns, point-of-purchase and digital graphics.
Essential duties and responsibilities: (This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.)
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Outstanding organizational, time management and archivingskills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills Manage multiple projects at once and follow timelines to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Work quickly but also remain extremely detail-oriented
- Overall knowledge of printing processes,industry terms,file packaging,paper/ink specification,fonts and stock photography
- Collaborate closely with art directors and designers
- Produce artwork according to designer specifications
- Work within and proof against client brand standards with consistency in mind (fonts, spacing, color breakdowns, logo white space, etc)
- Proof work for errors/omissions prior to turning in work for approval or printing
- Prelight and package final artwork files for release to printers or publications based on project specifications.
- Confirm color and proper resolutions prior to printing.
- Prepare artwork for online and mobile applications. Knowledge of interactive/webimage requirements for preparing artwork for interactive/web applications is desired.
- Produce mockups and mount artwork to boards for presentations
- High skill levels in software programs: InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- Photoshop experience: image retouching/manipulation and clipping paths
- Train in the use of new design and illustration software as the agency requires. Stay up to date with new production techniques and trends through research and education.
- Maintain organized digital files (photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, materials and resources)
- Reasonable drawing skills