The PR Specialist will have a Bachelor’s degree in PR, Journalism, Marketing or Communications, with 1.5-3 years’ experience, preferably in an agency setting. We’d like you on our team if you can:
- Assist in facilitating positive client/staff working relationships by helping coordinate communications among clients, members of the client service team, and other involved parties.
- Write, edit and produce an extensive array of communications tools and collateral materials, including, but not limited to, news releases, brochure copy, surveys, scripts, talking points, articles, social media posts, blogs and Web copy.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of news and media relations skills.
- Communicate strategically with the media and others to achieve client objectives.
- Develop and maintain media lists and other databases.
- Develop and organize special events for clients.
- Monitor vendors to successfully complete outsourced work, including, but not limited to, writing, graphic design services, printing, renting of audio/visual equipment, photography, or supplying needed products, as directed by a PR counselor.
- Assist other members of the firm in other client, business development and firm management projects, as needed.
- Support in drafting marketing plans, proposals and strategies.
- Complete T-sheets timer daily, with the express goal of attaining 90-95% client billable time.
- Review and responds to all administrative duties in a timely fashion.
Working knowledge Microsoft Office is essential, and extensive knowledge of AP style is required. An understanding of the legislative process is helpful. Knowledge of Cision is a bonus.